birthday countdown

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Super Yummy Turkey Burgers( to go on those buns you just made!)

I have not been a huge fan of turkey burger in the past. I remember buying a bunch of it when I was pregnant with my first baby and it has taken me almost 17 years since to try it again. But I have found some recipes that I like with it now. I like to buy the Turkey Burger that is all breast meat. I watch for it to go on sale and stock up. These burgers were really good and everyone liked them, even my pickiest eaters.

Now when I cook I am not very good at measuring things out, I will try to be better about that. But here is what I did: I modified a recipe I found at  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Amys-Delicious-Turkey-Burgers/Detail.aspx

Turkey Burgers

1 pound of white breast meat ground turkey
1/2 cup cracker crumbs ( I used Kashi TLC Snack Crackers, Asiago Cheese that I whizzed up in my blender)
1 egg,
salt
pepper
parsley
garlic powder
dried onions

I mixed this all together and made 6 patties. I used a little water on my hands to form them because it was pretty sticky.Then I baked them on a brolier pan in my oven for about 15-20 minutes, turning on time in between. I cheked them with a meat thermometer to make sure they were cook through.

No comments:

Post a Comment