birthday countdown

Friday, January 15, 2010

If I can do this, anyone can!

It's been another busy but productive week. I was able to reach my goal of exercising every day and my eating was great. It hasn't been easy and I have had to make an effort to make myself a priority. But I have found that when I do that. I feel better about myself and then can better take care of my family. Did I get everything done that I wanted to this week? NO! Did I have to go out in public in my workout clothes, sweaty and not looking so great, YES! Did the world stop because of that? NO! I guess what I am trying to say is that I am learning that all of that is okay. I know now, more than ever that exercising really makes me feel good. It makes me feel good physically but also emotionally. I feel happier, have more energy and feel more productive. Eating quality food does the same. I don't feel sluggish or tired. My cravings for sugar and other junk food have virtually disappeared. Food is not on my mind all the time. I have found that I am paying more attention to when I am hungry and when I am full. If I can make these changes, ANYONE can! I am a serious emotional eater, I thought that my hunger scale was broken. I can't believe I can watch someone eat a brownie in front of me and not freak out! In fact I don't even want the brownie at all. I have found that food tastes different. I really enjoy how things taste. A cold grapefruit or orange is like juicy candy in my mouth. Making a sandwich on very healthy whole grain bread is delicious. I have also learned that I can still enjoy baking and cooking without sacrificing the healthy changes I am starting to make. If you are reading this thinking, there is NO WAY I could do that. The answer is YES YOU CAN! 


Read on for some more recipes to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment