birthday countdown

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

You are what you eat!

Okay it has been super crazy since my last post and when I had time to blog, the kids were needing the computer for homework! So here I finally am. I have been feeling fabulous. I suppose the saying" You are what you eat" is true, at least for me. Since I have been eliminating all refined sugars, flours and hydrogenated fats I feel so good! It has been over a month since I started and it is getting much easier. I even helped my son make brownies last night and didn't even feel like licking the bowl! To be fair though,  I did have a piece not a whole bar)  of dark chocolate last night, I am allowing myself to have that once a week, otherwise I might go insane!  So I have a stash of high quality dark chocolate bars hidden in my sock drawer, so no one else will eat it. ha ha! My favorite kind is Newman's Own Organics Orange Dark Chocolate Bar  One piece of that is like heaven.   The only thing, right now, that I am really missing is Ketchup! So far I cannot find any ketchup that does not have cane sugar in it. So I am still on my search. I might have to figure out how to make some. If anyone out there has a recipe send it my way! I have been trying out some new recipes and will be posting those soon too. Speaking of things I love. I was so excited to find dried cranberries that are sweetened with apple juice instead of sugar. They have them here in Moscow at Rosaures- in the Huckleberry Foods bulk section. They were kind of spendy but I love those on my hot cereal or with almonds for a quick snack. Now on to my big whole wheat discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment