birthday countdown

Monday, December 28, 2009

The Super Conservitive Walking to Run Plan

Okay I have been researching these training plans that help people get from walking to running and I have chosen one for me. It is super conservative so I will need to add to my daily work-outs with the elliptical, however this plan sounds the best for my knees. My knees have been giving me trouble since my knee surgery like a billion years ago. I notice that when I lose any weight it gets better, so I am going to take it slow with the running. Did you know that every extra pound on your body is like an extra 10 pounds on your knees?? No wonder my knees complain! My plan it is from  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com
I am doing the Couch to Run Conservative Plan that takes 28 weeks. There are lots of other plans there for running/ biking/swimming or all three and you can search on what you are looking for, check it out if you want to join me!

I am going to tweak the original program a bit since my fitness level is higher than this one starts at and since I am also training for the bike race in June I can split my work-outs between biking (spinning)  and the walk/run.

Here's a look at my January
  • Week One: Mon/Tues/Thurs: Spin Class   Wed/Fri/ Sat: Walk 30 minutes/Elliptical 20 min
  • Week Two: Mon/Tues/Thurs: Spin Class   Wed/Fri/ Sat: Walk 30 minutes/Elliptical 20 min
  • Week Three:  Mon/Tues/Thurs: Spin Class Wed/ Fri/ Sat: Walk 28 min/ Run 2 min / Elliptical 20 min
  • Week Four:  Mon/Tues/Thurs: Spin Class   Wed/ Fri/ Sat: Walk 28 min/ Run 4 min / Elliptical 20 min



No comments:

Post a Comment