birthday countdown

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Phase One of My Exercise Plan Revealed

Cardio for at least 40 minutes 5-6 times per week.
Burning at least 500 calories a session and keeping my heart rate up around 80%

For January I am going to just focus on cardio. Anything else will be considered a bonus! I plan to go to a spinning class 3 times a week, and the other 3 workouts on the elliptical or treadmill. I plan to implement a training program to get me from just walking to a walk / run, until I can run without walking. I know I can do this, I did it before, it just takes time and consistency. This phase should be very do-able since I already do this at least 3-4 times per week now and I have the stamina to work at this level. I plan on heading to the gym right after my kids leave for school. This is where my trouble starts. I think to myself, "I'll leave for the gym right after I wash the dishes, or fold some laundry  or..... So I need to make sure I head to the gym daily, even if that means I have to leave other things undone.  We also have a brand new treadmill in the family room, so I don't  have any more excuses to skip a workout session. Oh and we also have a border collie that needs a lot of exercise!

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo!! Way to go Ricki. I need to do the same thing as you do to get from walking to running. Maybe we can cheer each other on. See you at the gym. ;)

    ReplyDelete