birthday countdown

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Frustrated with Food Marketing... Warning read your labels!

I just have to post my frustrations with the food industry and their sneaky marketing. I am visiting my in-laws and trying very hard to stick to my eating plan. Fortunately I have extremely supportive family members, thank you all! Anyway we were having salad with our dinner and I was looking at labels on salad dressing.  What do you think I found in every one...SUGAR!! But the one that made me the most upset was the new "Salad Spritzer's" The front label makes it sound like this is such a great lite product, Well guess what the first 2 ingredients are.... Water and High Fructose Corn Syrup.  There is a lot of hype right now about High Fructose Corn Syrup but if you really want to know what it does to your body and brain read Jillian Michael's' new book "Master Your Metabolism" after reading up on this stuff I have vowed to not consume it myself and to stop buying any products with this ingredient in it for my family... Okay I can step down from my soapbox, I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment