birthday countdown

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Phase One of My Eating Plan Revealed

Okay something you should know about me, if you don't already is.. I like to do things BIG! I tend to bite off more than I can chew in lots of ways.  I know that this is most likely the biggest reason that I have not been able to stick to my plans in the past. I try to do too much, too soon. Then I find out I can't do everything perfectly and I give up. So I am going to try to put my plan into phases and add to them each month. So here is my plan for January:

Continue with trying hard not to eat any white flour or refined sugar products. I know you are already thinking this woman is already setting her self up for failure. But let me explain.... my oldest son, who is really an inspiration to me, challenged me to start eating this way for the month of December. I know, nice month to start that! Well so far so good-  okay well I have had a few small bumps- but for the most part I have done it and I feel so great! It hasn't been as hard as you might think. It has taken some planning and thought but because my son and I have done it together. Now if only I could run 10 miles like he does... anyway all I am saying is that I want to continue what I have already been doing for a month now.

Let myself have one 'treat' a week: Either a piece of dark chocolate or a serving of a new recipe for something made without refined sugar. I will be sure to post the ones we like! I have already had some success with this. This will satisfy my sweet tooth cravings, but also help me to limit them!

Start tracking my food daily using Vitabot: Vitabot is an online nutrition program that comes with my gym membership. It helps you track all sorts of things. Calories, fat, protein, vitamins, etc.. It is set up like a report card and you are trying to get all A's for the day. I have used it in the past and it helps me to stay focused, know what I can eat, and make sure my meals are balanced and nutritious.

So that is my eating plan...now on to exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment