birthday countdown

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wheat Grinding Maniac

I can't believe that I have used almost 100 lbs of wheat since Jan 5th! All of the white winter wheat that I bought was ground today plus most of what was left of a  50 # bucket of red wheat. I guess that makes sense since that is all I am using, and I make all my own buns, rolls, etc.. It was just surprising to me. I guess when we were asked by church leaders to store hundreds of pounds of wheat for the future they knew what they were talking about! I took some time yesterday, since I was home with sick boys, to make a double batch of my hamburger buns. I turned half of it into hoagie rolls. We had french dip sandwiches on some of them last night! Yummy! This time I added 1/3 cup of gluten flour to the recipe and I can't believe how much bigger they got. Huge Buns! I froze them so I will have them when I need a quick meal. Well my timer is ringing, back to my bread making!

No comments:

Post a Comment