birthday countdown

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Super Decadent Chocolate Torte

Okay I must admit that during Valentines week I had a tough time not eating sweets. I was craving Chocolate Cheesecake or something so badly. So I got on one of my favorite websites and found an awesome recipe that would meet my eating requirements. It is NOT low Calorie (about 372 per piece) but very satisfying and my family loved it. So if you need something for a special occasion try this out...

www.thenourishinggourmet.com is one of my favorite sites for new ideas! This is where I got the recipe from, but of course I modified it- don't I always!


Super Decadent Chocolate Torte



Crust: Grease a springform pan with Pam, and set aside.
2 cups of almonds (or choice of nuts)
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 cup of oat  flour (oatmeal blended in my blender until fine powder)
2/3 cup of real butter
1/4 cup of Agave Syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place almonds in a food processor, and process until a coarse flour, add the rest of the ingredients and process until it forms a uniform dough. I had to add a little bit of cream to make it mix well. Just a tablespoon or two.  Press down into the greased pan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the top is slightly browned.
Take out of the oven and cool. Once the crust is cool, making the filling.
8 ounces of quality dark chocolate ( I used Newman's Own organic Orange Dark Chocolate)
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
Dash of salt

1-Finely chop the chocolate and place it in a medium size, heatproof bowl. Add the butter and  mix it into the chopped chocolate a little.
2-Heat the  cream on the stove until very hot. Pour over the chocolate and tap the bowl on the counter to settle the chocolate. Let this sit for about one minute to start melting the chocolate. Using a rubber spatula (heatproof), slowly stir in a circular motion, starting from the center of the bowl. Stir for about two minutes or until melted.
3-  Pour this over the crust and carefully place it in the fridge to set. It will take about an hour to set. Cover with plastic wrap once all the way cool. Will keep at least three days in the fridge (if you can resist that long!).



No comments:

Post a Comment