birthday countdown

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pizza Margherita

I forgot that I promised a few of my friends that I would post this recipe. It is very yummy!
The crust recipe is from a good friend - who might be reading this! ha ha and it is in our church cookbook. I modified it to work with my new eating 'rules'.

Makes 2 large pizza crusts:

2 Tbl. yeast
2 cups water
1 tsp. honey
2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup olive oil
5 cups whole wheat flour

Mix by hand or mixer. Then let rest for 5 minutes while preparing your pans. Grease pans and divide dough into 2 globs of dough.  Add sauce and toppings. Bake at 375-400 until golden brown.

Toppings for Pizza Margherita:
Pizza Sauce ( I use Ragu homestyle because it has no added sugar)
Fresh Mozzarella sliced thin
Tomatoes sliced thin
Fresh basil leaves coarsely chopped

Spread sauce onto unbaked crust.  Layer top with tomatoes and fresh cheese slices. Sprinkle with basil.
Bake as directed above

I always make one of these for me and add my families favorite toppings to the other. Then everyone is happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment